Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Split my infinitives!


It's complete! Last night I went over to see my friend Camille and pick up my completed costume for Halloween this year! Friends, this is a costume I have wanted since I was a Freshman in high school and saw a marching band do an entire show and, rather than the standard brass-buttons marching band uniform, they dressed in medieval-style costumes made to look like chain mail (obviously it was just cloth because it would be ridiculous to march in chain mail) because their mascot was the crusaders. After that point I wanted us to do a pirate-themed show (our mascot was the Buccaneers), and have the drum major dressed as Captain Hook. However, I never became drum major and we never did my pirate-themed show. (This was before Pirates of the Caribbean, and there honestly wasn't all that much pirate-themed music that would work for a marching band at that point, which was my band director's excuse. He seemed intrigued by the idea, but he didn't find enough music that he liked.)

Anyway...

My friend Camille happens to be a Home Ec. teacher and a professional seamstress (she works in the costume shop at one of the larger theater companies in Utah Valley), and I approached her and asked how she would feel about me commissioning a costume from her. She agreed, and a couple weeks later, here we are! I'm so excited!

I'll post pictures sometime this weekend, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment