Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Buy me some peanuts and crackerjack..."

Okay, so I didn't eat any peanuts OR crackerjack (not even that fond of either), but this weekend WAS spent largely at ballgames.

I went home for my birthday this weekend. That's right, another one has come and gone. This was a special one, though, since I hadn't been home with my family for my birthday in seven years. Seven! But since my mom called me a few weeks ago and offered to help pay for a ticket, I decided to take her up on it, and off to Sweet Home Alabama I flew!

I got a few good presents, but you know which one stood out the most?

The first full day I was there, my nephew Cody (5 or 6 years old) asked if I wanted to go to his teeball game. I told him that I'd love to. I got there a few minutes late (after about an inning or so, I think), and when I got there, I was told that Cody had been coming over and asking where I was.

"Uncle Bill's coming, right?"

"Yes, Cody, he's on his way."

*Later*

"Uncle Bill said he'd be here, but I don't see him."

Right after I got there, the kid hit a grand slam homerun! They ended up trouncing the other team. Seriously, that kid's a stud.



The next day was my birthday, and I went to another nephew's baseball game, as well as my niece's softball game and another of Cody's teeball games.





Unfortunately, my niece didn't win, but my nephews won each of their games.

Can I tell you how long it had been since I had been to a baseball game? When I was younger, my older brothers and sisters played ball (I did, too, but let me tell you, I had NO talent!), and I was, of course, always dragged to their games. My siblings laugh when they talk about how I always brought a stack of books with me, went off in the corner or sat under a light pole and read.

No, I did NOT bring a stack of books with me!

...

I brought A book with me, though...

However, I didn't read it. Instead, I pulled out my camera and took over a hundred pictures. (Lots of them were rapid-fire.)

I had a little fun with Photoshop when I got home, though. Yes, it's cheesy, and probably kind of dumb, but I enjoyed making it. I love this program...





Heh. Who'd have thought I'd spend my birthday at the ballpark?

*walks off whistling "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"*

4 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, Bill! You're practically a professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you came. :) It was fun having you here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool that Cody saved his heroics for you! You're my hero if you know how to use Photoshop....I've wanted to learn, and have never tried :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! This just made me smile! :) I totally remember how excited Cody was that you were able to make it to his game. And when he got the home run - he told me that was for Uncle Bill's birthday present! :) Thanks for being such a great uncle and for taking the time to watch them play! Love you!

    ReplyDelete