Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's here!

My new camera arrived yesterday! I simply can't express how excited I am, so following the old adage of "a picture is worth a thousand words," I'll just post a picture or two that I took with it on my test run! :-D




I went geocaching yesterday and I came across a group of these wildflowers. Have I mentioned that I love wildflowers? I do. :-D




And another just for good measure. :-)



My caching trip took me down to Spanish Fork, near the Windmill Farm (or whatever it's called). It was right towards sunset, and I really liked this shot.



As I was hiking in to grab one of the caches, I had quite an adventure. First, I almost stepped on a snake. (Luckily, he was kind of drowsy and sluggish since it was towards the evening, so he didn't even react. I'm not even sure it was a live, though I think it was.) And then, as I trekked through the field, I almost tripped over this guy! Seriously, what IS that!? I'm gonna say it's a cougar. I don't care if it is or not, it makes for a better story. So I almost tripped over a cougar carcass with the ribcage still largely intact!



And this was the view from an earlier cache I found today.
Don't worry, there will be more photos to come. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm! New camera! So exciting!
    I really like the last shot!
    wow...that's a lot of exclamation points :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I love geocaching. And new cameras. :)

    elle_cosette from LJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one is my favorite!! :)

    ReplyDelete